Course Fee: $50.00
This course is through the American Heart Association for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements--or those who wish to learn these important skills. It teaches critical first aid skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrive to take over.
Course content includes:
- First aid basics (scene safety, finding the problem, and calling for help)
- Medical emergencies (actions for choking, breathing problems, and shock)
- Trauma/Injury emergencies (actions for bleeding, broken bones, and burns)
- Environmental emergencies (actions for bites and stings, hot and cold emergencies, and poison emergencies)
Upon successful completion of the skills testing, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card, valid for two years.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
By registering for the class, participants acknowledge full understanding and agreement with the cancellation/refund/class transfer policy as outlined below.
- Class may be cancelled for any reason 7 days prior to class date for a refund of class fees. Please note a $15 processing fee will be assessed for each cancelled transaction.
- Full refunds are given when classes are cancelled by the instructor due to insufficient enrollment, overbooked enrollment or inclement weather.
Class Transfer Policy:
- We will be happy to accommodate class transfer requests at least 2 business days prior to the class date.